Farmington State Savings Bank (now the Village Mall) opened at Grand River and Farmington Road on March 18, 1922. The lobby was marble and walnut, and the vault door weighed more than 10,000 pounds.
Historic photo from the Farmington Community Library Heritage Room. Contemporary photo by Maria Taylor. More at preservationfarmington.org.
Editor’s Note: Maria Taylor’s photo column, “Vintage Point,” shows scenes from Farmington’s past paired with photos of those same scenes today.