The Peoples State Bank at 33312 Grand River (now Edward Jones Investments) opened in 1918 and closed during the Depression. For years, it served as Farmington’s city hall.
“The clerk’s office is in the Farmington State Bank, the treasurer’s office depends on convenience, and the Commission meets in the basement,” reported the Farmington Enterprise in 1935.
Historic photo from the Farmington Community Library Heritage Room. Contemporary photo by Maria Taylor. More at preservationfarmington.org.
Editor’s Note: Maria Taylor’s photo column, “Vintage Point,” shows scenes from Farmington’s past paired with photos of those same scenes today.