Eagle Mill was built in the mid-1800s by Arthur Power. The mill came down in 1923, but the street is still called Power Road. Today, the mill site is a parking lot for the Shiawassee Park tennis courts, across from Valley View Circle.
Historic photo from the Farmington Community Library Heritage Room. Contemporary photo by Maria Taylor. More at preservationfarmington.org.
Editor’s Note: Maria Taylor’s photo column, “Vintage Point,” shows scenes from Farmington’s past paired with photos of those same scenes today.