The original Farmington High School stood at the end of School Street, just off Grand River at the east side of downtown. It was built in 1888 and burned to the ground in 1918.
Historic photo from Farmington: A Pictorial History by Lee Peel. Contemporary photo by Maria Taylor. More at preservationfarmington.org
Editor’s Note: Maria Taylor’s photo column, “Vintage Point,” shows scenes from Farmington’s past paired with photos of those same scenes today.