High school students and their parents will get the inside scoop on college during a seminar held September 28 at the Costick Center in Farmington Hills.
The Farmington Hills/Farmington Commission on Children, Youth & Families (CYF) hosts “Inside Information: College Admissions and Financial Aid” from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Experts will offer tips on:
- Clarifying the Admissions Process
- Writing a Successful Essay
- Fulfilling College Application Requirements
- Obtaining Grants, Loans, and Scholarships
- Figuring Out the New FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
Representatives from Wayne State University, Oakland University, Walsh College, Schoolcraft Community College, Henry Ford College, and the Michigan Department of Treasury – Student Financial Services Bureau will staff tables. A limited opportunity for individual consultations may be available.
Refreshments will be served and registration is not required. The Costick Center is at 28600 W. 11 Mile Rd. For more information, contact Ed Cherkinsky at 248-661-5114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.