Farmington’s little white Universalist church was dedicated on August 28, 1853 at the northeast corner of Warner and Thomas. Its tower had no bell, so the Universalists paid to share the bell in the Methodist church next door. The church was moved to 25301 Halsted in Farmington Hills in 1967, and its former site is now a parking lot, adjacent to the vacant Maxfield Training Center.
Historic photo from Farmington: A Pictorial History Photograph Collection by Brian Golden. Contemporary photo by Maria Taylor. More at preservationfarmington.org.
Editor’s Note: Maria Taylor’s photo column, “Vintage Point,” shows scenes from Farmington’s past paired with photos of those same scenes today.