Editor’s Note: Maria Taylor’s photo column, “Vintage Point,” shows scenes from Farmington’s past with photos of those same scenes today.
The Farmington Branch Library at State and Liberty streets was once the site of a flour mill. It was built in 1888 by German immigrant Louis Gildemeister, using $1,000 donated by local citizens, and stood until December 1962.
Historic photo from the Farmington Community Library Heritage Room. Contemporary photo by Maria Taylor.