Cancer affects people in many ways, and the cancer specialists at the Beaumont Cancer Center in Farmington Hills support the local community with these holistic resources:
- “Look Good Feel Better,” in conjunction with the American Cancer Society, is held monthly on the second Monday from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Lung Cancer Support Group meets monthly on the third Monday every month from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Lymphedema screening is offered monthly on the fourth Tuesday from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Gilda’s Club Yoga Workshop meets Tuesdays from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Gilda’s Club Life After Treatment Group meets Tuesdays from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Gilda’s Club Art Therapy for Cancer Patients meets Thursdays from noon to 1:30 p.m.
All cancer support programs are free. Attendance is open to all, regardless of where they received treatment for their cancer. Advance registration is required for art therapy, Look Good Feel Better and lymphedema screening. Register early to secure your spot. Beaumont Cancer Center, Farmington Hills is located at 27900 Grand River Ave. For more information and to register, call 248-471-8120.