The Resource Recovery and Recycling Authority of Southwest Oakland County (RRRASOC) has set six household hazardous waste drop-off events for 2016, including one in Farmington Hills.
During these events, residents of Farmington and Farmington Hills can drop off items that include common household products such as cleaners, oil-based paints, herbicides, insecticides, and solvents, in containers that are labeled and do not hold more than five gallons or weigh more than 50 pounds.
Fluorescent bulbs, including CFLs (energy saving compact fluorescent lights), are also accepted, along with electronic waste such as televisions, radios, computers, and computer components such as CPUs, monitors, printers, and keyboards.
Items not accepted include latex paint, commercial waste, fire extinguishers, tires, flares, ammunition, and smoke detectors.
Events, which run from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., will be held on the following dates:
- April 9 – Wixom Dept. of Public Works, 2041 Charms Road
- April 16 – RRRASOC MRF – Truck Entrance, 20875 Mapleridge Ave., Southfield
- May 7 – Oakland Community College Orchard Ridge Campus – Lot 8, 27055 Orchard Lake Rd., Farmington Hills
- May 21 – Milford Civic Center, 1100 Atlantic St. (Enter from west off of Mont Eagle Street)
- October 1 – Novi Civic Center, 45175 W. 10 Mile Rd.
- October 15 – RRRASOC MRF – Truck Entrance, 20875 Mapleridge Ave.
Learn more at rrrasoc.org.